Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Best Laid Plans

Well, this seems to be the theme of my summer (says Jenn with a sigh). Dan, being the supportive brother that he is, has suggested that I write one of the following for today´s blog post:

"We were in the Santiago airport and thought, why not spend some time in Chile?"

Or

"I heard Brazil is so yesterday ... let´s try something new."

Or

"Greetings from a little place just outside of Rio ... it´s called Santiago de Chile¨."

Needless to say, we are spending the next couple of nights in Santiago where we will explore the beautiful city and the amazing mountains (We had an amazing view on the flight in this morning ... one side was a view of snow-covered peaks and the other of a hilly mountain range). Anyway, we are both doing well, though Jenn is about to poke herself in the eye with the next sharp object she sees. Oh well. We are excited about exploring a new city in a new country with new money and a new adventure!

And by the way ... Did You Know that one needs both a yellow fever vaccination and a visa to get from Peru to Brazil?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OR

Life's an adventure. Isn't it fun?
Jane has a friend in Santiago running a language school if you'd like to see the school or talk to him. Name: Greg Grange

OR

How I spent my July in Chile when I thought I was going to be in Brazil.

OR

How I love taking a challenging situation and making it a positive adventure.


OR

At least I know the language here in Chile.

OR

How I spent my summer vacation.

OR

Unexpected opportunities...unexpected pleasures.

AND
are you getting a visa to go to Brazil?

AND
I love you both.
MA

Anonymous said...

I love Santiago - such a beautiful city with great wineries on the outskirts. Try Casillero de Diablo winery - great underground cellars and beautiful grounds with tigers that you can pet - I know, weird combo, huh? If you get bored, you can always head north to Valparaiso / Vina Del Mar where Pablo Neruda lived and wrote poetry about the sea from a boat embedded in the sand - he had a huge phobia about the water. Never a dull moment in Chile! Enjoy and take lots of pictures - there are such vivid colors there, as I remember.

See you on Saturday? Let us know when and where to pick you up. Mark Twehues will be with us, but there is plenty of room for both of you guys here at Casa de Albright as well - no worries!

Missing our roomie! Shari